Micro-frontends have certain principles that allow for scaling an app. Micro-frontends are not suitable for every project, they offer a new way to build and scale front-end apps. The solution also eliminates the key challenges that companies have faced both on a technical as well as organizational level.
Principles of micro-frontend architecture
- Domain-driven development: The whole app can be broken down on the basis of different domains or business logic. It can be further broken down into sub-features.
- End-to-end autonomy with a domain: A micro app can be built independently and using different stacks. The team will have complete freedom over this part, and they will hold the responsibility for it.
- Innovation without affecting other parts: Sub apps can function independently.
- Independent deployment: Each team can develop and deploy artifacts at their own speed.
- Isolate failure: The rest of the app will work even if one microfeature goes down.
Advantages of micro-frontend architecture
- Easier and faster feature development.
- Loose coupling.
- Clear contracts.
- Easier to add, change, or remove any code.
- Easier to test.
- Independent deployments.
- Cross-functional teams.
- Parallel development.