In Windows 11 that are many Windows 10 features that are removed or deprecated. Here is the list of all Windows 10 Features that are removed in Windows 11.
Internet Explorer is disabled in Windows 11. Instead, Browser Microsoft Edge is recommended and also includes IE Mode which can be useful in certain scenarios.
Cortanawill no longer be included in the first boot experience or pinned to the Taskbar.
Math Input Panel is also removed. Instead, Math Recognizer will install on demand and includes the maths input control and recognizer. Also, Maths inking in apps like OneNote is not impacted by this change.
News & Interestshave upgraded by adding new features like clicking the Widgets icon on the Taskbar to access it.
Quick Status from the Lockscreen and associated settings will be removed.
Desktop wallpaper will not be able to roam to or from the device when signed in with a Microsoft account.
S Mode will be only available now in Windows 11 Home edition.
Snipping Tool will be available but its old design and functionality have been replaced with those of the app which was known previously as Snip & Sketch.
The start is significantly changed in Windows 11 including the following key deprecations and removals:
- Named groups and folders of apps are no longer supported and the layout is not currently resizable.
- Pinned apps and sites will not migrate when upgrading from Windows 10.
- Live Tiles are no longer available. For glanceable, dynamic content, see the new Widgets feature.
Tablet Mode is removed and new functionality and capability are included for keyboard attach and detach postures.
Taskbar functionality is greatly changed:
- People are no longer on the Taskbar.
- Few icons may no longer appear in the System Tray for upgraded devices including previous customizations.
- Alignment to the bottom of the screen is the only location allowed.
- Apps can no longer customize areas of the Taskbar.
The timeline is removed. Few similar functionalities are available in Microsoft Edge.
Touch Keyboardwill no longer dock and undock keyboard layouts on screen sizes 18 inches and larger.
The wallet is also removed.
Apart from this, the following apps will not be either removed or upgrade but instead will no longer be installed on new devices or when new upgrading to Windows 11. But they will be available for download from the Store:
OneNote for Windows 10